Monday, March 22, 2010

Healthcare reform ... free at last ... free at last ... not yet

A friend on Facebook posted something to the effect of "thanks congress for passing the health care bill ... now I can pay for other people's health care."  I mean first of all I'm shocked that anyone would complain about paying taxes for health care for EVERYONE (just shows how selfish many Americans are) and second it shows how deeply the corporate rhetoric has permeated so many people in this country. Huge numbers of sheep following religious zealots and corporate shills ... they blindly parrot whatever they are told by Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Fox News. Anyway here was my quick and angry reply:

--------------------------------

Thanks for paying for my health care then ... I'm an unemployed father of four ... who earned 80K (with my wife's income well over 100K) per year for the past ten years paid tax up the ying yang and now make 30K. I myself don't currently have health care ... though just last year I had great health care. My wife and kids do through her work ... but... we can't afford to cover me ... every time any of them needs to go to the Dr. they have to pay 35 bucks which might not sound like alot but for us ... we feel it. I guess I'm irrelevant. I don't expect Republicans to care about me ... or my kids ... or anyone else ... they have their money ... they have their stuff ... everyone else can just die right :( We are all godless illegals (even though I'm a 6th generation Caucasian American of German-Finnish ancestry) by what I see on Fox and read in the anti-liberal rants. Basically its come down to the rich (or wannabe rich) teaming up with the right wing religious vs. everyone else. I feel I did everything right in life, went to school ... worked my way through college earned a BA and a Masters Degree ... worked hard to get a good job. Now thanks to Wall Street (the rich guys who took power with the help of the religious folks) ... I'm out of work with really little hope in sight ... so people decide to throw me a life line ... and now the same guys who put me out of work are throwing rocks at me while I try to get into the tiny little rubber dingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment